Requirements & Qualifications for the Florida School of Advanced Bodywork …
Florida SAB Admission Requirements & Qualifications
All applicants for admission must have or be:
• A U.S. citizen (or have a valid visa or have been granted permanent residence)
• 18 years of age or older
• Possess a high school diploma or GED
• Physically and emotionally ready, willing and able to adhere to the requirements set forth by the Florida School of Advanced Bodywork, Inc.
• Willing and able to give and receive massage techniques within a class room setting.
Florida School of Advanced Bodywork reserves the right to deny admission to:
• Any person who has been convicted of a felony.
• Any person who has emotional or physical limitations that could be unsafe for the therapist or the client.
• Any person who has been dismissed due to attendance violation, gross misconduct or academic failure.
• Any person falsifying information.
Prospective students are always encouraged to visit the campus for questions or assistance.
Florida School of Advanced Bodywork does not discriminate regarding ethnicity, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, and/or religion. Training by FloridaSAB is offered to those who meet entry requirements.
Application Process, Requirements & Qualifications
When to Apply:
Applicants are encouraged to apply at least one month prior to their desired class start date. Class sizes are limited and often fill up fast. A one month grace period prior to the class start date is recommended to allow adequate time to complete all requirements and submit needed documentation.
How to Apply:
• Complete and submit an application for admission. Applicant must include appropriate application fee.
• Upon receiving notification of receipt of the application a personal interview with an admissions representative will be scheduled. This is required to assess each applicant’s qualifications and to assist with the enrollment process.
• Each applicant must submit official high school transcripts, diploma, or proof of equivalency.
• Recommendation letters are required and should be sent directly to the school. One must be from a licensed health professional.
Mail Application with Requirements & Qualifications to:
Florida School of Advanced Bodywork
9424 Baymeadows Road, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Phone: (904) 337-1602
Notification of Admission:
Candidates accepted into the program will be notified promptly in writing. Within 14 days of receiving acceptance letter, the candidate must either return the enclosed enrollment packet by mail or schedule an appointment with the admissions representative for enrollment advisement. Applicants requiring financial assistance must enroll in person.
Applicants who have been accepted into the program reserve the right to defer their admission to a later class. Requests for deferred entrance must be made in writing within 14 days of the issuance of acceptance letter. Admission can only be deferred up to 6 months. After the 6-month deferral, applicant must reapply entirely, beginning with a new application.
Declining an Offer of Admission:
Applicants who decide not to enroll must notify the school in writing of their decision within 14 days of receiving acceptance letter.
Applicants transferring from other schools must complete regular application procedures and supply the following documentation:
• Letter of good standing from the previous school attended
• Official transcript and course descriptions
• Achieve a minimum of a 70% on a prescribed advanced standing exam.
• A short essay explaining why they wish to transfer to FloridaSAB
• A $75 administrative fee will apply
Tuition and Textbooks/Supply Fee:
Will be assessed based on the course(s) being accepted. The appropriate administration representative and instructor of the course material will evaluate applicants prior course material and a decision will be made to whether the advanced standing will be allowed. If it is allowed, applicant can take the advanced standing exam once and must acquire 70% or higher. If accepted, applicant will be allowed to transfer a maximum of 50% of the program. Director of Administration’s Decision will be final.
Transfer of Credit Policy:
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the accepting institutions, and it is the students responsibility to confirm whether or not credits will be accepted by another institution.
Admissions and Registration
Open Houses And Tours:
A visit to the Florida School of Advanced Bodywork is always encouraged and recommended. It is a vital part of the decision making process when preparing to choose a school. Prospective students are welcome to tour the facility.
Individual appointments are required to speak with administrative/admissions staff at length to review all options and receive assistance. Please call the school for any further information.
Admission After Voluntary Withdrawal From School:
Any student who has voluntarily withdrawn from the school, wishing to re-enter the program, will be required to enroll under the terms of the most current policies. In addition, applicants must submit confirmation of successful resolution of their withdrawal circumstances. All withdrawals for medical reasons must also include physician documentation. The student will be subject to any and all cost increases or program changes since their previous enrollment.
Statement Of Non-Discrimination:
The Florida School of Advanced Bodywork does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other administered programs.
Reasonable Accommodations For Students With Disabilities:
Florida School of Advanced Bodywork will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities to enroll in the program. Reasonable Accommodations will be determined on an individual basis and are dependent upon the following:
• Budgetary constraints
• Available resources — i.e. faculty and other qualified personnel, facilities, special equipment, etc.
• Ability to provide reasonable accommodation without infringement upon the rights of other students in the program
DON’T WAIT! … CONTACT US TODAY & GET STARTED
9424 Baymeadows Road, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32256